Thursday, May 08, 2008

Shaking off the rust...

So I'm back again with more ramblings...too many thoughts..we'll do the first in first out way as taught at the Baba Agnel Abhiyantriki Mahavidyalay, Vandre Paschim, Mumbai kramanka char shunya shunya shunya paach shunya.
To start off, it feels great to be back in Bombay (so I did come here every weekend but a vacation is different :P phbbt!!). My last days in Pune were memorable practically just chilling out with my roomies and office folks. Its been awesome fun with all these guys around...Maddy, Tomite, Vinite, Sabby, Neverknown, Kiran and even Kaka Khairnar...all the dinner time talks at Venky villa and again at Suraj Nagar ( deviation from the post for a Tomitesque joke: Sabby on our Murud Beach trip: "On our next trip...lets get the WAGS and go to Sun City? Tomite: "U mean apna Suraj Nagar??), all the drunken ramblings (U f***rs still haven't told me what the hell was floating!) and all the bluffs targetted on Vinite and Tomite (Vinite became THE target much to Bando's relief). Awesome time! (I can go on with the memories...will do in a separate blog if i remember...but if i don't...do know that u guys rock!)
It was a wonderful gesture on my team's behalf to give me a neat Titan voucher and a never-to-be-forgotten "what Sachin Tendulkar feels like" moment when I said my goodbyes for the final time. A team of forty five including my manager, lined up and gave me an applause as I walked up to that gate (which I always 'push' instead of 'pulling'). The feeling was just overwhelming to see my entire team and my old teammates and other old friends just standing and applauding as I waved goodbye and walked out of the Aetna Field Office for the very last time...a moment I'll cherish for the rest of my life.
Now that I'm free...well sleeping a lot...A LOT!! saw the IPL game of aamche Indians vs the Delhi Dare hue Devils...more about that in a separate post...just trying to settle down into a routine now. I've been trying to put up something on blogger for quite some time but apparently there was some virus called Trojan.Drondog which kept blocking all google sites and kept displaying some garbage on the Dashboard page whenever I opened blogger in IE. Low blow tactic from Microsoft??huhuhahahaha we need to investigate!! But har Microsoft ke liye ek Fox rehta hai aur use hum Firefox bolte hai...so a special thanks to the engineers at Mozilla for creating such an awesome software..
More ramblings to come in the near future...m targetting a post a day...kindly bear with the writer...

2 comments:

The Neverknown said...

applause and all! awesome
waiting to see how long you live up to the post-a-day target

Abhijeet said...

challenge accepted!will try to stick to it as long (where a week is long time when u're off the payroll) as possible...